Friday, May 30, 2008

what a day!

have i mentioned that Thursday is probably my favorite day of the week?!? well, it is...

we started off the with some manual labor...strawberry picking. we took Remy to a local farm and ended up with two and a half pounds of early bloomers (small but sweet little guys). we didn't stay long cause the sun was high and Remy was getting a little restless, jumping into the patch and snatching the berries out of my hand (she LOVES strawbabies!).




after leaving the farm, we stopped by Skyline to drop off a package for Ashley. i had finished the owl earlier and couldn't wait to show it off, plus i've been craving chai from there since last Thursday. we stayed for a while as Remy seemed to be enjoying the treats Ashley was giving her and all of the attention she was given from the customers. here's the finished product.
later in the evening we took my little sister to the annual Boonsboro carnival. as much as i'm embarrassed to admit it, i really enjoy going to the carnival ever since i was younger. funnel cakes, the "I Got It" game (very addicting), and the water gun game are some of my favorite things. since my family are going to Thailand for a while, i thought it would be nice to spend the little time that we have left to spend it with my sissy.

we were lucky to meet up with some family friends so B (my little sister) could have a partner in crime. we bought her a "ride all night" bracelet and she pretty much got our money's worth. J and i took turns going on some of the rides that they weren't tall enough to be alone for and it definitely made me feel young again...it just made J dizzy (cause i made him go on the ones that spins. haha.)

on the carousel...i didn't understand why they didn't ride on a horse

since i was wee enough to fit on a kiddy ride, i became the chaperon. our expressions are priceless.

oh! how could i almost forget. i got my package from Cary today...EXCITERS!!! not only was the print great, she even sneaked in a few extra things (some beautiful bird cards and stickers!)...i'm a little sad that i didn't have anything to surprise her with though...maybe next time. wink wink...i can't wait to frame my print. i might even frame the cards!

anyway, as usual, it's getting late. (i like to sprawl out on the couch at the end of the night and blog away in my pj's)...Friday awaits in the morning. hope you had/have a great day!

No comments:

Hello

My photo
Photographer, crafter, Boston Terrier enthusiast. Please feel free to say Hello.