i got this (excluding the waffle and OJ) as a set of four while thrifting the other day. how neat? the other three are teal, green, and pink. this would be perfect if i ever have a tea party.
tuesday night, i made chicken cakes...i got the recipe from Kraft's Food and Family magazine, the only difference was that it was originally a fish cake, made with tuna. i forgot to get the tuna, so i used chicken instead. it turned out really well...well enough that J ate it for three nights in a row and that never happens! since it was such a big hit, i thought you might like to try it too.
12 oz of white chicken in water (or two 6 oz cans of light tuna), drained and flaked
1 pkg (6 oz) stuffing mix for chicken
1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded carrots (i actually didn't use this, but if you do, add it during step 1)
1/3 cup mayo
2 tbsp sweet pickle relish
3/4 cup water
1. mix chicken/tuna, stuffing mix, cheese, mayo, relish, and water in a large bowl
2. cover and refrigerate for 10 mins
3. heat a large nonstick skillet on medium heat. use cooking spray or EVOO and lighty spray it on the skillet.
4. scoop mixture onto skillet, using about 3/4 cups for each cake...i used an ice cream scooper.
5. gently flatten cake with spatula.
6. cook each side for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
the recipe says it makes 6 servings (2 each), but i actually made about 10, so you'll have plenty of left-overs. enjoy!